Another year has flown by! The older I get, the faster time flies, it seems. Every year seems a little shorter and a little shorter.
Tomorrow, I’m meeting up with some of my book club friends to discuss hopes, dream, and goals for 2014, so after Wednesday, it’s all about looking forward. So before we dive into 2014, I thought I’d do a little round-up of highlights and tops from the past year.
Top Blog Posts of 2013
Y’all have a wide variety of tastes here — I’m impressed with your (relatively) balanced diet! One breakfast, one entree, one side, and two desserts. Delicious. Here are the most-viewed posts of 2013.
Top Posts on Instagram
Wine & Plum joined Instagram in 2013! Here are a few of my top pics:
1. Salted Caramel & Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies 2. Honey souvenirs from my trip to Savannah in October 3. Stacks of books in my apartment, part of #FMSphotoaday 4. Fall leaves on the bridge in my neighborhood
Favorite Books of 2013
I joined a book club in late 2012, and it’s now been more than a whole year of reading with these lovely ladies. Here’s a few of my favorite books I read this year, some with the best book club ever, and some on my own. Check out my personal book reviews here.
I opened a Wine & Plum Etsy shop a couple months ago! I’m excited to feature stylish, affordable items handcrafted by yours truly. Right now I have hand-knit infinity scarves, earrings, and creaseless hair ties listed. Who knows what 2014 will bring! Here are a few of my favorite items.
My Favorite Recipes of 2013
Here are my personal favorites from the past year. I highly recommend giving these recipes a try!
Personal Highlights of 2013
Let’s see, where to start…
- My brother got married! I had a blast planning their wedding and preparing a lot of DIY decorations. And my new sister-in-law is so amazing and sweet!
- The BF and I took a summer vacation to Austin, Texas, which was awesome. Oh, the tacos! We’d love to go back!
- We celebrated our first married anniversary and sixth together anniversary with a trip to Asheville, NC, this fall. Always one of our favorite places to visit.
- My baby sister went off to college! Exciting and heartbreaking and scary and wonderful.
- My big annual work event broke new fundraising records, which I’m super excited, pleased, and grateful for.
And that’s it! Thanks for taking the time to look back on 2013 with me!
Happy New Year!
Linking Up With:
Funday Monday from Still Being Molly
Block Party from Sumo’s Sweet Stuff
Made by you Monday from Skip to my Lou
Inspiration Monday from Twelve O Eight
Time to Sparkle from Love Grows Wild
Wonderfully Creative Wednesday from All She Cooks
Create It Thursday from Lamberts Lately
Full Plate Thursday from Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
All Things Pretty from Sparkles and a Stove
Foodie Friday from Simple Living & Eating